Saturday, November 2, 2013

Stuck!

There is a short movie out about how children with no families are STUCK in orphanages around the world even when they have families waiting on them.  This is where we are!  In my last post, I related that the official referral had been received on Lena and we were excited about moving forward.  Well, we are not sure if it is the official referral because we have not received the translated document yet!  In addition, Moldova is now requiring an additional letter from our State Dept. to clear us to travel even on Will.

Unless we receive key documents by Nov. 12, we will not travel until the end of Dec/first of Jan.  If we receive info by Nov. 12, we will leave Nov. 16.  Waking up everyday and wondering if this will be the day when we receive the information has been challenging.  We've had their names and pictures for a year now which has made us all the more anxious to meet them.

This process has really challenged my faith.  Do I really believe God is in control and He has the very best plan?  I have to say that there are times when I think I know best.  I panic about the kids being behind especially academically and think one more day in the orphanage means one further day behind.  Surely God realizes this so why isn't He orchestrating this adoption sooner?  Research says that for every three months in an orphanage, a child is delayed by one month, so basically a child would at least be 1/3 behind if all other factors were constant.  Will is six but will be more like a four year old.  Lena is three but will be more like a two year old.  Doesn't God see the urgency in this?!?!  Wouldn't it have been great to have celebrated their birthdays with them in September and Christmas in December?

I don't have the answers but when I struggle with the unknowns, I am reminded of God's faithfulness.  I am reminded of how He has never forsaken me, that He loves Lena and Will unconditionally, that He created them, and that yes, He really does know best because of WHO HE IS!   I hope He doesn't get tired of "gently" reminding me as the journey continues.  We appreciate your continued prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you. I don't even want to try to imagine how frustrating this is for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like everyone is being put through this lately.Praying for you and sorry you have been kept on tenterhooks. (I just googled this to be sure I was remembering the right word. I even got a history lesson on where the phrase came from.) Bureaucracies can be frustrating and it seems the rules are always changing. I believe Paul reminds us in II Corinthians that we must be patient. Not my strong suit. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping you received the documents you needed by the 12th. Prayers being sent your way.

    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete