Thursday, November 14, 2013

Postponed!

Thanks to all of you who have asked and prayed for us on this journey of bringing Will and Lena home.  On Tuesday of this week, it looked like we would leave this Sunday.  By Wednesday morning, we were told that we should not travel at this point.  This morning, we made the decision to postpone our first trip until around Dec. 30.   I wish I could give you a simple explanation about why things change from day to day and why we haven't been able to travel already.  But I can't.  It would be quite a long post and your eyes would start glazing over in the middle and your head would start nodding.  Therefore, I will spare you the details.

Now, we are continuing to push to receive the remainder of the information on Lena and a formal referral from Moldova.  We thought that piece of information had been received and we even sent an acceptance letter.  But we were WRONG!

A praise is that Will has been approved by the US to be adopted by us!  However, Moldova hasn't received the Article 5 that they need from our govt.  to allow us to meet him.  We are still chasing this rabbit!

Since my last post, God has really given me a peace about Him being in control, so I really appreciate all of you who have been praying for me.  He gave me a verse from Psalm 91:11:  For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways.  This verse brought so much comfort to me and I am clinging to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get the rest of the documents you need soon. Dec. 30th will be here before you know it. As always, praying for you and hope the kids come home soon.
    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete