Saturday, February 10, 2018

Snow Day - January 17, 2018!!!!!

We couldn't believe it!  I rarely give much attention of snow predicted in Montgomery, because it so rarely happens.  But I could tell it had snowed when I woke up briefly in the early morning hours and looked outside from my bed.  The ground was lighter than usual.  When I did wake up later, the kids were so excited and looking for warm clothes so they could play in the snow.  Nathalia is from Brazil so she had never seen snow except for a few flurries that we had in December!  I think she was more excited than the kids!  I got out our snow skiing clothes and even though the kid's jumpsuits were about six inches too short, they worked fine with snow boots.  We even got out plastic sleds and the kids had a ball not too mention our dog Max (the brown one).

The snow lasted all day, so Hope and Lena played outside much of the day.  It was still around the next day but it was messy and dirty, so being the mom that I am, I said no playing outside.  We had a movie day instead:).  Andy needed to get to Atlanta and tried but had to turn around due to the road conditions.  The kids were able to return to school on Friday - woohoo!
Our backyard and the golf course!
Will and Nathalia
Casey
Will enjoying a sled ride!
Nathalia with Casey and Max!
Nathalia enjoying her first snow!
Andy with the kids on a hill on the golf course! 
Wheeeeee!
Hope making a snow angel!
Lena making a snow angel! 
Hope!
Hope and Lena!







No comments:

Post a Comment