Sunday, August 10, 2014

End of Summer!

Well, it is here like it or not.  We have had such an eventful summer just at home and getting adjusted.  Much has been accomplished and Lena and Will and all of us have come a long way!  Our summer has ended with Beth getting home from a six week trip to Haiti and watching Dow prepare to leave for his Sophomore year at college.

I also found myself at Dr. Trumbull's Monday morning watching him pull out half an inch of bright orange ear putty from Will's ear.  Will has almost no eardrums, so we were putting this in his ears when he swam.  He had the piece stuck in there since Saturday but we had no idea that it was so large.  Will kept telling me that "I pushed, pushed, it in his ear and it was ouch!"  Needless to say I felt terrible when I saw what had been in his ear for two days!  We will not be using the ear putty anymore!

I also scheduled eye exams this past week for all three kids thinking it was just routine for Will and Lena and I would get Hope's checked since I was taking the other two.  Well, it was quickly apparent that Hope would need glasses and so would Lena.  Lena not only has poor vision but a rather significant astigmatism.  Will escaped this but he has enough to deal with regarding his ears!

We have also been getting uniforms, supplies, shoes, backpacks, and meeting teachers.  We are so blessed to have three children attend Eastwood Christian School.  Beth will homeschool again this year and Dow will return to Auburn!

All dilated and looking cool!

She's back!

He's leaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment