Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Little Reality!

So far, I have published cute pictures of the kids with us having fun and enjoying doing new things with them.  And we have done a lot of that.  There have been a lot of great times but there have been some  "ugly and low" times too.  I don't want to sugar coat our past three weeks because it has been hard and exhausting!

Will has a hearing impairment so he talks really loudly and A LOT!!!!!  Can I say it gets a little annoying at times - do you get the picture?  Every English word is said over and over and over and LOUDLY, did I mention LOUDLY!  He also loves to tattletale especially on Lena and boss her!  He is quite the pouter and attention seeker/demander.

Add Lena to the pot!  She is like a two year old in and 3 and 1/2 yr. old large body (she weighs more than Will or Hope).  We've had to child proof our entire house and she still takes one on one looking after.  She can get into anything!!!!!  She is strong willed and can be gone in a second.  She knows no boundaries.

Will and Lena do not know how to play or pretend and they have no interest in tv or computer ( iPad apps for a little while sometimes).  Mostly they like activity and lots of it!!!!!!

Throw Hope in there who is used to do being center of attention for five years and is  very sensitive.  She is now having to share toys, take turns at home and share Mother and Daddy, Dow and Beth and not eat in bed or drink her milk cuddled up on the couch.  She too likes to tattletale and gets her feelings hurt very easily.

Adjusting is hard but so far it is all normal stuff that we expected for the most part.  But it takes lots of patience - in fact supernatural patience and love that comes from the Holy Spirit to get through the day. He is supplying and a lot of friends are praying for us daily.

I just don't want to mislead anyone and let them think this is all fun and games, because it is not!  However, there is a Peace being provided by the Holy Spirit that we are right in the center of His will.  As I have been reminded so many times, it is the best place to be but often the hardest and most challenging place to be.  Why?  Because He wants us to be dependent on Him!  Had I rather be lying on a beach in beautiful resort or eating at a cafe in Paris or sailing on a cruise than caring for my new extended family?  No, I am content!  Did that contentment just happen?  No, God has been preparing me for this journey.  Why do I want to be in the center of His will?  He bought me with the greatest price of all, He redeemed me, He adopted me, He will never forsake me, He is the great promise keeper. All glory and honor to Him.

 Also, He has provided so many people to walk this journey with us.  In fact, Sunday morning I was home alone with Lena and she was being such a "stinker!"  I cried out to the Lord and said I need a break (notice I didn't nicely and humbly ask).  Shortly after I got a text from Andy that said the Colee family wanted to take the kids swimming that afternoon.  Thank you Lord and the Colees!

No comments:

Post a Comment