Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Long Awaited Letter!

A really BIG challenge in the adoption process in regards to Lean has been a referral letter from the Ministry in Moldova.  I am relieved to tell you that after much prayer, frustration, delays, persistence, and patience, we received the letter on Dec. 12th!   According to our timeline, we could have received this letter at the end of May or early June.   We immediately FedEx'd our acceptance letter to the Ministry in Moldova (they will only accept the original notarized document). 

We still have lots of challenges ahead that at times seem like endless mountains - we make it to one peak and then have to start climbing another.  Now, we have to wait for further documentation from the Ministry to proceed.  

We have booked our flights.  Andy, Beth, Hope and I will be leaving for Moldova on Sunday, Dec. 29th.  Andy and Beth will be returning Jan. 3.  However, Hope and I have a return date of FEBRUARY 9th!  Yes, I did mean February!  We don't really know what this trip means in regards to future trips, court hearings, bonding time, etc. but are trusting that God will go before us and open doors.  We treasure your prayer support so please keep praying.

When I get tired and frustrated and doubts creep in, I am reminded of Christ's love for me.  He certainly hung in there and stayed focused on His Father's will in order to adopt me into His family sacrificing more than I can comprehend.  It is this GREAT LOVE that keeps me going and sustains me.


Beth, Hope, Dow - can't wait to add two more little ones to this picture!

5 comments:

  1. So happy you finally received the referral letter! I wish you safe travels on your journey to Moldova, and I hope things move along quickly.

    I also have a question for you about travel. Since we may also be staying an extended amount of time in Moldova, I was wondering where you stay when you visit the country. Do you reserve a hotel or apartment? I have been looking at hotels, but those nights would add up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a question :D We hope to travel when our daughter is between 1-2 years old and we were wondering if we can take her with us to the orphanage. Do you know by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, we get an apt. Albina usually can get us a better deal than what you see on line.
    Jenny, I am not sure about a child as young as 1 - 2 yrs. but we are taking our 6 yr. old with us. I don't see why you couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny and Stacy, my email is tbirchfield@mac.com if you ever want to email me directly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I just wanted to wish you and your family safe travels. We hope you have a great time with the kids. We will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete