Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Meet Will Marin Birchfield!

I have been waiting for the day for sometime now and glad it has finally arrived.  Please meet Will Marin Birchfield.  He turned six in September but is somewhat smaller than Hope!  Andy describes him as delightful and energetic!!!  Andy and I had discussed how much and what Andy would tell him during this week.  Well, no need to worry about that.  On the first visit, Will asked Andy if he was taking him home!

Andy has had several good visits with him and Will has enjoyed the iPad.  Andy says the director of the orphanage is very kind and compassionate.  She said they call Will Marin the "son of light" because he is so bright and full of personality.  She also said he walked by the office and saw a computer and said his daddy taught him to use a computer.

Today he asked Andy if he would visit him everyday.  The translator explained that Andy would visit on Thursday but then had to go home and bring his mommy back in about 30 days.  Will said he would wait!  I can't tell you how emotional this is!  Will Marin is also telling everyone he found his parents!!!  At first this puts a smile on my face but then my heart breaks because I think of the others who have no parents!  Please pray for these children.

Also, thank you, thank you for your prayers.  God is paving the way but Andy said it is "tough plowing."  Andy had a great visit with the US Consul at the Embassy this morning and we seem to have their full support.  We need some breakthroughs in regards to Lena with the Ministry of Social Protection so please keep praying.  WE are praising the Lord for these two precious children made in His image for the purpose of bringing Him honor and glory.


4 comments:

  1. What a blessing! Beyond thrilled for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears are rolling down my face as I read your post. Soooooo happy for you guys :) I love that he is saying he "found" his parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! I just LOVE this picture. He sounds like such a wonderful boy. :-)

    I am praying for Lena, and hope there is a breakthrough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazingly exciting! I can't wait to meet him! Praying for Lena right now.

    ReplyDelete