Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More Info!


We have learned a little more about Hope recently. She now weighs a whopping 15.4 pounds! The doctor at the International Adoption Clinic reviewed her medical info. and says that all her measurements for her size are in within normal range. According to her birth weight, she was born prematurely. We are hoping that the combination of low birth weight and living in an orphanage is the reason for her small body size. She will also more than likely have some developmental delays due to being in an orphanage. We will just work through all of this. The doctor at IAC also believes she is about the size of an average one year old. We have been so encouraged by others that she will catch up quickly and that we will see a huge difference in her appearance (hair, skin, weight, etc) within just a few months.

The contract employee that our adoption agency has in Moldova says she is very active and resourceful. She says Hope is very bright and knows how to get attention. It sounds to us that she is a normal almost 2 year old. Also, Hope has latched onto a little boy in her group and doesn’t like for any one else to give him attention. This could be trouble!

Last week, I spent hours working on one little glitch in our home study. It was really one sentence that was causing a problem. Actually, it took me, two adoption agencies, and one government agency to work out this issue (well, I hope it is worked out)!

This caused me to think back over this last year. We have spent countless hours praying, planning, completing forms, answering questions, making phone calls, sending emails, gathering information, and waiting expectantly. This reminded me of how God planned and created a place for me. He created a world where I would have beautiful things to enjoy such as a sunset, the green of spring, and DOGS! I love dogs! He also created a planet not too close to the sun and not too far away from it either so that earth would have just the right temperature. He created oxygen so I can take that next breath and a tiny seed that can produce life sustaining nourishment. It is humbling to think that God planned for me! Then He knit me in my mother’s womb to be different from everyone else. He gave me a certain personality, unique tendencies and my very own DNA and fingerprints. He planned for me! I am just in awe.

He didn’t stop there! He knew I would be sinful, so He provided me with a Savior. I am so thankful to be a child of God. He has blessed me to overflowing. I am His forever and joy and peace flow from the Spirit within me. He has proven faithful over and over again. We look forward to teaching Hope all about Jesus and how much He loves her.

No comments:

Post a Comment