Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pictures of Home!

Well the crew made it home on Saturday, May 10th.  I have to say Lena and Will looked a bit more lively and energetic than Andy, Dow and Beth.  Nothing can really describe the long plane trip home with children who have basically never been out of their orphanage!!!  But they made it!  Hope was beside herself with excitement - giddy in fact waiting on them!

We stopped in Tiger Town and got a bite to eat at Moes and met Andy's parents there.  They took Dow back to Auburn and we headed home.

The night was quite challenging because Will became out of control when he saw our three dogs.  I don't mean a little panic attack; I mean terrified to death and screaming and crying!  It was  a long time until bed!

I also learned around 9:15 pm that my Daddy had passed away around 9:00 Saturday evening.  He had been sick for a number of years with so many issues but he had a fall earlier this week that left him in a very desperate state.  Our family didn't realize how badly he would decline but we were all planning to see him within the next couple of days.  However, God's plans were different and he "moved" to Heaven Saturday night!  I thought I was ready, but I guess one never really is when it happens.  Thankful to have had an earthly father that taught me about my Heavenly FAther!

I am sharing some pics of the kids and will update again soon hopefully.  Sunday was a good but busy day!  We appreciate everyone's prayers and interest so much - love being part of God's family!







1 comment:

  1. Our first moments and weeks after adopting my son were so challenging. He was out of control. God wanted to make him into a new person with the old passing away and all things becoming new. It took a long time. Through desperate prayer and God's Word, God changed all of us. I will pray for you. Hang in there with Jesus. He won't give you more than you can handle. Read some of my stories at elaineloneill.com/passion for parenting

    ReplyDelete