Monday, February 16, 2009

Adoption Update

Beth and Casey

Once we made the decision to adopt from Moldova, God provided many connections to this country. First, Andy’s law partner, Leigh O’Dell, worked with Anne Graham Lotz before returning to the legal field. She continues to help coordinate her revivals on a volunteer basis, so guess who was in Moldova last October? Leigh spent about one week there and made connections with a group of Christian ladies that we look forward to meeting. She also found a church for us to attend. She gave us a lot of information and pointers, because the revival took place in the capital city of Chisinau where we will also be staying.

Next, I began to teach conversational English at our church in Sept. Through Maxwell Air Force Base, a family was in Montgomery from Moldova. The husband was attending an officer training course for one year. The wife, Ala, has been attending English classes at our church. Her English is very good, and I have been able to get a lot of information and encouragement from her.

I learned of a family in Birmingham (less than 2 hours away) who adopted a sibling group of three in December of 07. I met with the mom, and we hit it off great! I hope to have more contact with this family. CAS also put me in touch with a family in Macon, GA that just adopted a little girl in Nov. of 08. This mom gave me so much good information and answered so many of my questions.

I am so truly grateful for these connections and for the time they have taken with me.

We also learned that there is an organization started by a member of our church that supports homes in Moldova for teenage girls. We hope to visit one of these homes when we visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment